4.13.2010

website wonders

Website ideas!!! :)

1. Autobiography: My literacy autobiography focused a lot on my education and my parents occupation as teachers. Although I did enjoy writing my autobiography, I don't think there is enough information to really make an interesting website.

2. My review was on the website Posterous. This could make for an interesting website because I enjoyed using this site and there is more I could explore. I was also thinking I could compare and contrast Posterous with other blogging and networking sites to possibly formulate my argument that Posterous is a good site. BUT, now that I think about it, this may not be enough juicy info for a website either.

3. My research paper was on online and interactive fiction. This is probably my best bet for a website because there is a lot people don't know about online fiction since it isnt extremely popular so there are a lot of different links and authors I can expose in my website. Also, I was hoping to write a piece of online fiction because I enjoy writing fiction and have never done so online.

but overall, I'm stuck and not sure what my website will be yet. (I'm still recovering from the research paper!) :)

5 comments:

  1. Hey Courtney,

    I would like to stick with my research paper topic as well. You & I covered different categories of the type of writing, but fiction is fiction, right? It had crossed my mind to write my own fan fiction (similiar to what you mentioned here) after giving some history about what it is and giving some background info about the original source on the website. But I really have no clue what to do yet.

    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in recovery-mode too! I think you should go for a site about fan fiction. When I first read this I was thinking about those adventure books where you read and then you have to choose where the character goes like, "have Fred open the door and turn to page 32 or have Fred run out scared and turn to page 15." I was just thinking about how people rewrite popular works and add to others' works through collaborative sites, and maybe something like that could be a good leaping off point or structure for your site. I don't know, that's just what popped in my head when your site idea. Or maybe have like an interactive part of your site where people can add to stories you've begun. Or find pieces that are re-writes or alternative endings to popular movies/books, and have an image of the popular book/movie, and then have that link to the online fiction. Just some ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, you really just got my mind working! Thanks for the advice :)

    Amanda, let me know if you decide to create your own piece and maybe we can help each other with some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too was concerned with online fiction in my research paper, though I branched out in art and music. Amanda and I had very similar topics, and I am having an overload of what I want to do with the website, so at the very least, I'll have ideas. XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie ~

    Cool ideas for Courtney. You may be in recovery mode, but your brain is workin'!

    ~ Cathy

    ReplyDelete