3.09.2010

Part 3: The Verdict.

Overall, I am pretty smitten with Posterous. While I have not completely taken to using it as my everyday blog (I do have two other blogs as well as a Facebook page and a life outside cyber space) I do see myself transitioning over to this site as my main writing space. This site can definitely be defined as a writing space because it gives its users a blank slate (aka an email, how much more blank can you get?) to write, sing, illustrate, embed, say, not say, whatever they want. It allows for free reign while posting and gives the opportunity to do so from the comfort of your own email server. Like I said, no crazy user names, codes, websites, or hoops to jump through and remember. Your own email address will do just fine. My criteria for the site as a writing space were simple, yet firm. Accessibility and Easiness. I don't want to mess with a site that takes me a week to figure out (*cough* Google Buzz *cough*) or that I can only access through the site itself while on a computer that only uses javascript or whatever those weird programs are called that websites make you download in order to use the site in the first place. None of that exists in the world of Posterous and for that, I am eternally grateful. My writing is uninhibited and untouched by the many distractions of cyber world, and posting through email can be compared to the simplicity of putting pen to paper.

Enough said.

A+


2 comments:

  1. Hey Courtney,

    I'm glad you had an overall positive experience with posterous, finding it easy to use not only for posting but being able to use it right from your own email address. I, like you, get annoyed with always having to log into my facebook account to share something with friends, so knowing posterous exists, I may have to try it out for myself!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Courtney!

    Because of your posts, I realized where I had gone wrong with trying to post on posterous. All this time, I was operating under the assumption that it's similar to facebook and other writing spaces. I just tried my first post using my email account, and yes, like you said, it was simply too easy.

    ReplyDelete