3.01.2010

posterous, buzz, delicious, oh my!

While I once considered myself an internet guru, English 105 and Dr. Gabor's list of "writing spaces" we should try out certainly gave me a ran for my money. After clicking on every tab she offered and giving up on quite a few, I decided that the website posterous.com was for me. While it is similar to a blog, it is much easier to manage in terms of accessibility. I enjoyed playing around with the sight because it was a challenge for me to fully grasp while it still has aspects that I enjoy, such as being able to write freely. With that said, as far as I can see so far, I do consider this site a writing space. It gives users a chance to email in their thoughts, stories, pictures, quotes, lyrics, etc. at any given moment and share them with the cyber world. Any site that I don't need to be at a computer for and can email from my phone is right up my alley. Never did I think the internet would get more user friendly and of course, I was wrong. 

2 comments:

  1. Courtney ~

    Good choice!

    One prob: the link to your blog on our class Blackboard site seems to have an error in it. Can you check on it, please? I had to navigate through Jana's blog to get to yours.

    ~ Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to be reviewing "Posterous" too! Do you think that because it's so easily accessible that it will be flooded with b.s.? Also, I mentioned in my comment to Dominga's blog, are you going to have a theme in your entries? Because it's not categorized, you can write or link to anything/any subject, which is fun and interesting, but I think the diversity can be a little intimidating... like if I write a post about my dating life, and someone else writes a post about world hunger... I kind of feel more pressure to be meaningful as opposed to writing a normal blog or writing on my facebook. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete