3.23.2010

Research Sources

To begin my research and find sources for my paper, I decided it was necessary that I first become familiar with online fiction before I began hunting for research about it. After all, how can I research a topic I have not even explored? Dr. Gabor directed me to Mark Amerika, a popular online fiction writer whose stories are written specifically for the internet only. What I found interesting was that these stories are not simply a word document that comes up on your screen for you to stare at blankly much like the page in a book. These stories are interactive and include graphics, links, different plots, and each reader has a different experience based on the links and paths they choose. As part of my research and beginning to find sources, I found this interaction with Mark Amerika's site very helpful because it taught me a little about what I would be researching. I also found a site buzzle which was full of online fiction for me to explore. Finally, I am having a bit of trouble finding really and reviews, criticism, or praise of online fiction. While I have found plenty of sites that support these authors, I have searched high and low for any sort of opinion and have yet to find any. If anyone can steer my in the right direction, that would be greatly appreciated! :)

1 comment:

  1. Looking back at this post hurts my brain. The research paper definitely took a toll on me and finding sources for the paper was truly a rough task. I did not end up using Mark Amerika because I felt his site was not as fiction based as I wanted. It was more of an interactive puzzle or series of pictures with not a lot of writing. Needless to say, online fiction was not at all what I imagined it would be and I am thankful for my research because it enlightened me on the topic.

    ReplyDelete